Congrex has operated for over 27 years and has two offices in the UK which have been dedicated to hosting creative and clever conferences for almost 20 of those years.
From the very start, we have built strong relationships with key suppliers, local academics, venues and cities here in the UK. These relationships make for the solid foundation by which we start all projects regardless of size or nature of project.
Take a look at our Congrex milestones
- 1982 - Congrex AB is founded in Stockholm, Sweden and establishes its first subsidiary, Congrex Holland BV, in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, offering conference management services.
- 1983 -We are accepted as a member of the International Association of Professional Congress Organisers (IAPCO) and of the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA). We also receive our first long term assignment to manage a world congress on a continuous basis.
- 1983 - First in-sourced meetings management bureau assignment at the seat of The European Space Agency (ESA) in The Netherlands, a business relationship which has continued till today.
- 1985 – We develop and introduce a leading edge IT management system for our conference management and expand our international operations.
- 1991 - Concorde Services Limited opens it's doors at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC).
- 1995 - Introduction of the Congrex iconic blue orb logo and branding. This logo has become an integral part of our identity and represents our caring approach.
- 1999 – Over the past 17 years we consolidated our position in the international market and increased our long term assignment portfolio of major international association clients.
- 2004 - Shocklogic Ltd is acquired, enhancing our IT management systems and provides leading edge IT systems for meetings & events and conferences.
- 2005 – Our new vision and mission statements are introduced defining how to better serve our clients and how to provide us with the framework to continue growing.
- 2005 - Concorde Services Ltd, a leading UK conference management company with offices in London and Glasgow is acquired by Congrex Group Plc.
- 2006 - SKD Euroconf AB, a leading corporate meetings management company in Sweden with offices in Stockholm and Gothenburg is acquired.
- 2006 – Congreca CA, the leading conference management company in Venezuela with its office in Caracas is acquired.
- 2007 - Congrexpo SA, with meetings and exhibition management operations in Panama City and San José, Costa Rica is acquired.
- 2007 - Association Global Services, AGS, an association management company with operations in Brussels, Belgium is acquired.
- 2007 - AKM AG, a leading international conference management company, based in Basel Switzerland, together with its subsidiaries AKM Travel AG, an IATA licensed agency, also based in Basel Switzerland as well as AKM Congress Service GmbH, based in Weil, Germany are acquired.
- 2008 - The Congrex Group celebrates its 25 year anniversary with a Forum in Lisbon, Portugal, where all worldwide staff come together to celebrate the occasion.
- 2008 - Congrex Denmark A/S is established in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 2009 - Congrex Deutschland GmbH establishes an office in Berlin, Germany.
- 2010 - We rebrand all the Congrex Group companies - a milestone with all companies now operating under one and the same name worldwide. The new corporate design is reflected in our refreshed branding.